Many people love jalapeno peppers but don’t want to cook them from scratch. That’s where frozen foods come from, they are quick and easy recipes and great appetizers or snacks. And the air fryer will make these frozen foods perfectly crispy and fully cooked, just like freshly baked. This article will tell you how to make frozen jalapeno poppers in the air fryer. So, you can enjoy these delicious and crispy cheese-stuffed jalapenos at home.
How to make frozen jalapeno poppers in air fryer?
To make frozen jalapeno poppers, you need equipment and ingredients. Let us tell you exactly what you need and how you can make them.
Well, you will need equipment to bake or deep fry them. And in this case, it will be an Air fryer.
You only need 5-6 frozen jalapeno poppers. You can add more if your air fryer has greater capacity. But it’s better not to overpack the air frying basket for better cooking.
- First, preheat your air fryer at 370o F for 3-4 minutes. This step is completely optional. You can leave this if you want to. It will just deduct some minutes from your cooking cycle and, in some cases, give you better crispiness.
- After preheating, it’s time to place jalapeno cheese poppers into the air fryer. Lay them down in a single layer and close the basket. (You don’t need any type of oil in this recipe).
- Then set the temperature at 380o and air fry the jalapeno poppers for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, take out the basket, turn the poppers and place them back in the basket for another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and cooked correctly.
That’s it. Then just remove the basket and let them cool for a few minutes. We know they look delicious, and it’s hard to stop, but the filling may be hot and can burn your mouth.
- The first and most crucial thing while cooking with an air fryer is not to overpack the basket. It will result in unevenly cooked poppers. Therefore, we advise you to cook in batches.
- Don’t forget to shake or toss them halfway through the cooking cycle for evenly and crispier results.
- Make sure you don’t overcook them, as it will cause the cheese to run out.
How long does it take to make frozen jalapeno poppers in air fryer?
Air fryers are famous for making food in less time and without oil. Your frozen cheese-filled jalapeno will require less than 15 minutes to get ready. You can place them in the air fryer for 10 minutes and shake or change the sides of the poppers halfway through the cycle. And they will be ready to eat after 10 minutes.
Why air fryer for frozen jalapeno poppers?
The wonders of the air fryer are too much to cover in just one article. Not just the jalapenos, but there are many other things you can make in an air fryer. Frozen French fries in an air fryer. Or air fryer salmon. And tater tots taste tremendous and healthy when you make them in an air fryer.
When you cook frozen jalapenos in an air fryer, it requires significantly less time than any other method, saving you a lot of time. And since it does not require any oil, you can’t get a healthier version of them from anywhere.
It is one of the most convenient ways out there.
We hope this recipe will be helpful for you, and after reading this, you don’t have any type of confusion left. You will love this recipe more when you know the benefits of cooking with an air fryer. We’ve also discussed some tips. Make sure to follow them for better results every time.