Egg rolls are always one of my favorites and I am sure, they are yours too. In case they are not your favorite and you just want to give them a try to make them at your home, then after reading this cook guide of cooking Frozen egg rolls in air fryer, you are definitely going to update your favorites list. Egg rolls are very crispy, crunchy and delicious .
How long to cook frozen egg rolls in air fryer?
Egg rolls can be cooked with methods like baking and frying but air frying is best and new method of cooking frozen egg rolls. You can use any of them according to egg roll you are using and level of texture that you wish to achieve. In this Guide, we will first discuss how to cook frozen egg rolls in air fryer and after that I will briefly tell you about baking and frying.
Why cook Egg roll in an air fryer?
Using an air fryer for cooking an egg roll is very easy and simple method to cook crispy and crunchy egg rolls. Using air fryer to cook Frozen Egg rolls has an upper hand over methods due to following reasons.
Simple and easy
Cooking frozen egg rolls in air fryer is easy, simple and quick recipe.
Using air fryer for cooking egg rolls is a faster method
Equally cooked egg rolls
In an air fryer, we can make equally cooked egg rolls from all sides.
To cook egg rolls in an air fryer is a healthy recipe as we need almost no oil in it.
Some important brands of Frozen Egg rolls
You should try to go with frozen egg rolls bought from market, instead of making from scratch. Because, making from scratch will take too much time. You just make crispy and delicious egg rolls home using an air fryer in almost no time and this cook guide is going to help you in it. To buy frozen egg rolls, we suggest you few brands which are;
- Whole Foods Market Vegetable Egg Rolls
- Kikka Sushi Eggroll Vegetable
- Feel Good Foods Egg Rolls Gluten-Free Vegetable
- Gluten-Free Egg Roll or Wonton Wrap Mix
- Van’s Kitchen Egg Rolls with Vegetables
Making egg rolls in an air fryer is an easy recipe and you need minimum of ingredients for that like
- Frozen egg rolls
Frozen egg rolls already cooked and can be bought for any super store. You just buy them and use our guide how to cook frozen egg rolls.
It depends upon you whether you like to use sauces or not. There are variety of sauces from sour, sweet, chilli sauce, and you name it.
- Cooking Oil
You only need a minimum of cooking oil in order to spray in air fryer and on egg rolls.
Step-by-step Guide (Air fryer)
- Preheat the air fryer at 340 degree Fahrenheit / 170 degree Celsius. It depends upon you to pre-heat air fryer or not. But always keep in mind that if you will preheat the air fryer, you will get excellent texture of egg rolls and if you not preheat air fryer, you have to give 3-4 minutes extra to egg rolls to cook well.
- Light spray oil over egg rolls and basket of air fryer. It optional for you to use oil or not. If you use it make sure, it quantity will be very low and low even compared to cooking frozen fish in an air fryer as describe in our other guide
- Now gently put egg rolls into the air fryer. Always remember to keep egg rolls at distance so they will not attach each other. This will help you to get your desired crispy and delicious egg rolls.
- Now cook the egg rolls for 8 minutes. During this time, make sure to flip the side of egg rolls after 4 minutes. This will help to cook egg rolls equally from all sides. If you want some extra crispy egg rolls, then cook them for 2 more minutes.
- Now your egg rolls are ready and serve them immediately.
This is usual method of frying the egg rolls in which you have to dip the egg rolls in the oil. For this method, you must heat the oil up to 370 degree Fahrenheit and them put the egg rolls into the oil. You have to bit careful as too much heat will burn your egg rolls and low temperature of Oil will make their texture a sort of greasy. This method required a lot of oil to dip the egg rolls into it. This is not a healthy way to make egg rolls as your egg rolls will be oilier.
Egg rolls can also be baked. For this purpose, first you need to do is heating your oven to a high temperature of 370 degree Fahrenheit. Then place the egg rolls into it. The egg rolls should be placed on something like wire rack so that egg rolls should be heated equally. Baking method will take almost 20 minutes to fully bake the egg rolls. But there are some point you should keep in mind while you go for baking method of cooking egg rolls at home. First, you will never get crispy egg rolls as good as frying and second, you will face difficulty in balanced cooking of egg rolls from all the sides.
Egg rolls can be served with many kind of sauces like Spicy peanut sauce, Mango chutney, Gochujang Hot & Sweet Sauce, Hoisin sauce and other sauces of your taste. You can mix different sauces of different results.
In case, you have any left overs of these egg rolls, you can save it for later use. Air fryer is a best option for reheating egg rolls. Reheating egg rolls in air fryer will restore their previous crispness and taste.
1 Can I cook egg rolls in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook egg rolls using air fryer. Cooking egg rolls in an air fryer will make crispy, crunchy and delicious rolls.
2: what is the best way to cook egg rolls?
Egg rolls can be cooked with methods like baking and frying but air frying is best and new method of cooking frozen egg rolls. You can use any of them according to egg roll you are using and level of texture that you wish to achieve.
3: How to cook frozen egg rolls in air fryer?
Egg rolls can easily cook in air fryer. You just need to preheat the air fryer at 340 degree Fahrenheit. Then put the egg rolls into air fryer and heat it for 8 minutes. Now your recipe is ready.
4: Is there any other way to cook egg rolls than air fryer?
Yes , egg rolls can be cooked by baking and oil frying other than air fryer.
5: How long does it take to cook egg in air fryer?
It will take only 8-10 minutes for egg rolls to completely cook in an air fryer. If you want rolls to be crispier, cook them for 2 more minutes.